The nights are drawing in, the days are getting colder and the holidays are coming!
Now is a good time to winter proof your business communications.
Nobody wants to get into the office on a Monday morning and find that the telephone lines aren’t working due to bad weather. This is why Saecom provide businesses with various telephony features to safeguard your business and allow for remote working.
How can the change in seasons impact your business?
There are many uncontrollable variables that can happen during the winter months – whether it’s too many staff off sick with the winter flu, away on holiday or simply unable to make it into work due to adverse weather conditions.
Our top tips to protect your business this winter:
1. Utilise a business mobile and its features – Did you know that Saecom can divert your business office calls to your mobile to enable remote working during the holiday season. Don’t have a business mobile?
2. Ensure that your employees are aware of the contingency plans such as work from home opportunities when severe weather has stopped them from coming into work. This also includes reminding employees of the correct communication channels to address their attendance.
3. Make the most of hosted telephony. If your business is still on traditional fixed lines rather than hosted telephony, please get in touch with us to discuss your options such as VoIP. Hosted telephony can allow your employees to pick up the phone from home without the customer knowing they are not in the office, and you can also make calls from mobile devices.
- Hosted telephony means your telephony system is held in the cloud, accessible from anywhere, at any time, which offers maximum flexibility and mobile working opportunities. It also creates a safeguard for any unanticipated situations, and presents the prospect of expanding a workforce that doesn’t rely on on-site telephony products. – TSG
4. Use cloud storage for remote working. Programs such as Office 365, Dropbox and Google Drive enable you to work offsite without needing to be in the office to access files, emails and data. So if you’re visiting family down West Wales this Christmas, you can still work as usual and stay in contact with your clients.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to keep our telephone number to hand – as a Saecom customer, you may find our telephone number stuck on your office desk phone or on your router. If you ever have a problem with your telephone line or broadband, or if you would simply like to discuss how we can help you further; we’re only a phone call away!
Any further questions? Get in touch with us today and our expert team will be happy to talk with you.