It’s been 10 years since the first Apple iPhone was released! Can you spot your phone in this iPhone line up?
To celebrate the 10th anniversary, here are ten facts you probably don’t know about the Apple iPhone:
1. The first iPhone was released on 29 June 2007 (US).
2. It was later made available in the United Kingdom in November 2007.
3. 6.1 million original (1st gen) iPhones were sold.
4. Everything you say to Siri is stored and analysed by Apple.
5. Apple explored the idea of a tablet device (now iPad) way before the concept of an iPhone.
6. The default time in Apple’s iPhone adverts is always shown as 9:41am.
7. Cisco owned the trademark name ‘iPhone’ for many years before Apple.
8. The App store was the first place you could download apps legally.
9. Time Magazine crowned the iPhone as the Invention of the Year (2007).
10. When the iPhone was first introduced in 2007, Steve Jobs made a prank call to Starbucks ordering 4,000 lattes.
Here’s a snazzy timeline of all the iPhone models:
Don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for the iPhone 8 to be revealed later this year.. and follow us on Twitter to keep updated with all the latest iPhone and mobile technology news!
Fancy an iPhone for business matters only? We can provide you with a business mobile to ensure you keep connected whilst out of the office. We will find the best network and tariff for your business! To enquire about Business Mobile, please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling us on 01792 654000 or by email: email@example.com
Know of any more iPhone facts? Share this article on Twitter!